Saturday, July 7, 2007

Fabric and Yarn Dolls
Here are a couple of finished objects that me and the girls made together. We got the idea from the show "That's Clever" on HGTV. I had the items on hand that we needed to make it so we made a couple. I have now made another one but I forgot to take a picture of it yet.

Shae really likes blue so we picked fabrics with a lot of blues in it and yarns that were mostly blue, I have a small amount of Noro left over and that is what the doll is wrapped with. I like the way the color changed for yellow to green.
This it the one Anastasia made. Her favorite color is pink and so we used various colors of pink. We wrapped the dolls body with a light and fluffy pink yarn and the hair is scraps of yarn that was trimmed from the skirt to neaten it up.


The supplies for this project are:

  • An old white t-shirt, men's size XL (makes 3 dolls from one shirt)
  • Florist wire (silver color is easier to cover and does not show like the green wire does)
  • Scrap fabric
  • leftover yarns
  • ribbon
  • Your choice of embellishments

How-to, to follow.

No comments: