Monday, January 22, 2007

Whip-up Inspired

Here is the completed box that I ended up covering with some scrapbook paper leftover from another project.
I have been looking at this for the past few days and I just had to make one of my own. I used what I had on hand and so the box will be covered tomorrow with fabric and I did find enough magazine order cards to make the address cards. I used index cards for the dividers and left over scrapbook letters for the alphabet. The box is half of a band-aid box and I plan on using the other half for another one. It was very time consuming I worked most of the day cutting the cards and about 30 min cutting and labeling the dividers. I started looking for a box or a container for the cards and I found the box almost empty in the cabinet.




Here are the in process pictures.
I used a standard business card as the size for each address card as my template. The size is 2" x 3.5"
Here are the address cards. This was the fun part, I enjoyed deciding where the placement of the color and the design of the cards.
The measurments on the dividers is 4"x 3" to the top if the tab.
I hope that this helps anyone out there who is like me and would like to recycle their own version. I know that in no way is this as good as the original it will work for my use on my desk. I hope to be able to keep track of my swap addresses and help me when I want to send a thank you to someone who has helped me out in the blog world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I hope you get lots of use out of it. The one I use sits on my desk at work and I use it constantly. Thanks for liking mine enough to make your own! :)