Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gingerbread and Christmas Cleaning

Today has been spent cleaning out my cabinets and my counters and getting it set up for the luncheon that we are hosting on Christmas Eve.

Here is a picture of our gingerbread house that we made last week. We had to decorate the roof flat while the rest of the house parts dried.
Shae and I also made a batch of Peppermint Bark. She got to use the hammer to crush the candy canes and she loved it. This is the recipe that I use. It is my own and I really like the way it tastes.

12 oz of vanilla bark

12 candy canes crushed

4 drops of peppermit extract

Melt the vanilla bark in the microwave until smooth in 15 sec. spirts. Mix in candy canes and extract. Spread on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and chill to harden. Then breakup into pieces. enjoy

No comments: