Sunday, March 18, 2007

This Week's FOs and a pattern


This was one of the first FOs of the week. I made 5 of them with leftover sock yarn. I also made a couple of them with buttons for a gift and I gifted them without taking a picture. These were very fun and easy and a great way to use up those little marble size balls that you have been hanging onto and did not know what to do with.


PATTERN:


I used a 3.5 hook and chained 5 joined in a ring and then then 10 sc in the ring then join with a sc . Next row chain 4 sc in next stitch, repeat around and then finish off. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
This pillow was so much fun. I had seen so many of these around blog land that I just had to have a log cabin pillow of my own. I am not very good at throwing away even the smallest pieces of fabric. I got a few Denise Schmidt's fabric pieces in a swap and so I incoorporated a few of the pieces in and I love the way it turned out. It is now sitting on my couch. My daughter wanted it for her room, but I had to have it for my seat.
I had to put something on to decorate the back so that it would still look cute even when the pillow is on the wrong side. I also made the pillow form for the inside. I am a member of the April Fools Swap on Swap-bot and you had to make a handbag that is whimsical and cute so I made the bag out of some fabric from my stash and a few buttons that match, the ribbon is vintage and I sewed a flower with yarn on the front to add too the whimsey. This was very fun to make with the buttons that match perfectly.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute bag!!! Were the squares on the fabric and you just put buttons over them??

Log cabin..I was supposed to do a log cabin square on a bag I finished...maybe the next one since I didn't have enough fabric scraps in the right colors.

Happy birthday to hubby.

StarKnits said...

love your pillows and your bag! thanks for the pattern i'm always wondering how to use up that left over yarn, excellent idea!